As part of a succession plan, we are looking for a Group Lead (m/f/d) Experimental Hybrids in the field of sugar beet breeding. This vacancy is to be filled as part of a permanent full-time position at KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA in Einbeck, Germany.
Your new challenge:
- Strategic orientation of the experimental hybrids program, including exchange with the breeding programs and alignment with the target markets
- Integration of new tools in all operational steps
- Coordination of seed productions
- Production and later selection of experimental hybrids
- Coordination and optimization of necessary planning steps
- Leading and further development of the working group consisting of breeders and technical staff
- Willingness to travel as part of the work activity (4-6 weeks a year) required
You bring in your competencies:
- University degree in Agricultural Sciences or Agricultural Biology
- Completed doctorate in plant breeding is an advantage
- Successful management of a breeding program
- In-depth knowledge of the generative and vegetative phases of sugar beet
- Several years of experience in personnel management
- Knowledge of modern/predictive tools in breeding
- Good communication skills in German and English
- High level of initiative, independent way of working, reliability, and flexibility
- Strong ability to communicate and work in a team
What we offer you:
- As a family-run company, we live with the values of proximity, reliability, vision, and independence a culture that is also lived in practice
- True to the motto: "Make yourself grow!", we promote individual professional and personal development, for example in the context of language training
- We create the appropriate framework conditions for you: company pension scheme, capital-forming benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, preference shares, childcare allowance, Job Rad, etc.
#seedingthefuture starts with you! Start by applying to this opportunity today. We are looking forward to your application using our online application system SuccessFactors! Please click the “Apply” button which you can find in the online ad.
Job ID: 11749
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. Around 6,000 employees in 70 countries generated net sales of around €1.3 billion in fiscal 2020/2021. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for 165 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, vegetables, rapeseed and sunflowers. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to continuously improve yield for farmers and plants’ resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested more than €250 million last fiscal year in research and development. For more information: www.kws.com/career. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.