Do you want to be part of a global team and help shape the agriculture of tomorrow?
To support our International Agroservice rapeseed team for KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA we are looking for an experienced crop production expert / consultant to fill the position as Expert (m/f/d) for the international cultivation of rapesees (OSR) as soon as possible.
Agroservice combines the areas of plant breeding, marketing and sales within KWS. As International Agroservice Manager (m/f/d) OSR you will work in an international team and in close exchange with the international Portfolio Manager regarding the positioning of new products. You will create trial plans and collect data to answer agronomic questions related to canola cultivation with a focus on relevant variety traits. You work up trial results and train our sales teams in the international markets on the topic of canola cultivation and the latest findings from research and their own trials. You develop concepts to enrich our consulting and digital offering and implement them in interdisciplinary teams, focusing on agronomic issues. You will maintain contact with scientific organizations involved in canola cultivation and ensure that you are always up to date.
The working location is our headquarters in Einbeck (Lower Saxony/Germany). This exciting and varied position is permanent and full-time.
Your tasks - challenge meets responsibility:
- Steering and driving international, cross-functional task forces for the purpose of identifying existing and future variety characteristics as well as developing strategies for their positioning in international markets
- Developing and implementing solutions and strategies to agronomic problems related to oilseed rape cultivation
- Identification of new market trends and development of services for our customers based on these trends
- Planning of field trials and occasional data collection
- Beeing the competent contact partner for our sales teams for agronomic, oilseed rape related topics & performance of internal trainings
Your profile - competence meets personality:
- University degree in agricultural sciences or related study
- Solid knowledge & practical experience in oilseed rape cultivation, ideally in conjunction with international stakeholder and project management
- Experience in planning field trials and their implementation is an advantage
- Ability to simplify and work through complex matters
- Creative and unconventional thinking, as well as independent working style
- Confident and convincing appearance coupled with the ability to proactively contribute own ideas
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required, knowledge of another language (German/French) is an advantage
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Good technical understanding, secure IT skills in MS-Office, knowledge of statistics is a plus
Sow your future at KWS:
- At Agroservice, no day will be like the other for you! You can contribute your passion for agriculture every day anew, a unique combination of work in the office and in the field
- Interesting and challenging tasks & projects in an international working environment with long-term perspectives for further development.
- As a family-run company, we live by the values of team spirit, closeness and trust, independence and vision - a culture that is also lived in practice
- A highly motivated and friendly team within the department
- We create the right framework conditions for you: unlimited employment contract, attractive remuneration according to collective agreements (incl. annual employee participation, Christmas and vacation bonus with 30 days of vacation) with financial allowances (company pension plan, capital-forming benefits, subsidized canteen, childcare allowance, job bike, etc.), excellent working equipment as well as flexible working time models with the option of (partially) mobile working (hybrid working model)!
Let your career grow by applying for this opportunity! We are looking forward to receiving your online application (cover letter, CV, relevant references) via our application system!
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. Over 5,000 employees in more than 70 countries generated net sales of around €1.5 billion in the fiscal year 2021/2022. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for 165 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, vegetables, oilseed rape and sunflower. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to continuously improve yield for farmers and plants’ resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested more than €285 million last fiscal year in research and development. For more information: www.kws.com/career. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.