For KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA we are looking for a Technologist (m/f/d) for the Seed Treatment in our business unit Corn & Sunflower. In this function you will be responsible for the development of seed treatment recipes and application protocols according to the seed treatment strategy of the Corn Europe BU. The main working location is in Einbeck (Lower Saxony/Germany), furthermore this exciting and varied position is permanent and full-time. We are excited to have you join us!
Your tasks - challenge meets responsibility:
- Testing of seed treatment recipes (dressing recipes) on laboratory and industrial scale for relevant quality parameters
- Supporting and advising the local seed team with regard to the application requirements
- Establish treatment standards and KPIs to standardize of processes at different treatment sites
- Consulting and support of our seed treatment sites in investment planning related to seed treatment in connection with seed treatment
- Active exchange on the latest seed treatment technologies
Your profile - competence meets personality:
- Academic degree (or equivalent) in agricultural sciences, chemistry or food technology
- First experience in the field of seed treatment and the corresponding products and equipment is a plus
- Initial experience in seed production and testing is also a plus
- Strong sense of self-organization, initiative, commitment and flexibility
- Excellent internal customer orientation
- High level of interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Confident use of Microsoft applications
- Profound knowledge of English, other languages (German, French) are an advantage
- Willingness to travel internationally (>30%)
What you can look forward to:
- As a family-run company, we live the values of team spirit, closeness and trust, independence and vision - a culture that is also lived in practice
- Introduction to the work of the corn department and implementation of interesting and challenging tasks & projects with development prospects
- In accordance with our motto: "Make yourself grow!" we promote your individual professional and personal development
- We create the right framework conditions for you: unlimited employment contract, attractive remuneration according to the collective agreement (incl. annual employee participation, Christmas and vacation bonus with 30 days of vacation) with financial allowances (company pension plan, capital-forming benefits, subsidized canteen, childcare allowance, job bike, etc.), excellent working equipment as well as flexible working time models with the option to work (partially) mobile (hybrid working model)!
Would you like to develop your potential and grow at KWS? Then we look forward to receiving your application (short cover letter, resume and relevant references) via our online portal!
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. Over 5,000 employees in more than 70 countries generated net sales of around €1.5 billion in the fiscal year 2021/2022. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for 165 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, vegetables, oilseed rape and sunflower. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to continuously improve yield for farmers and plants’ resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested more than €285 million last fiscal year in research and development. For more information: www.kws.com/career. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.